Please feel out the form and we will get back to you with our next availibility.
Carpet installation may seem like a daunting task, but it can be a relatively easy with the help of our professionals. Here is a guide to help you install your new carpet!
Book Free Consultation
Preparing for carpet installation:
- Installing new carpeting is an exciting, yet difficult project that requires careful preparation. Make sure to remind family members and pets of their safety precautions before starting work in order for everyone's peace-of mind during this time. Families who have respiratory concerns or are sensitive towards dust should avoid being near any construction site until we complete installation so it won't bother them at all unlike other materials which can trigger allergies symptoms.
- The installation area needs to be enclosed and all doors must remain shut during the process. It's also preferred that heating, air conditioning or both are operational for at least 24 hours before you start installing your new floors so they can properly cure without being bothered by outside noises which may distract their final finish.
- To avoid any damage to your new construction, all wet processes such as paint or plaster should be completed well in advance of installation.
- Electricity is a MUST and should be available for any tool or equipment that may be necessary.
- Arrangements should and needs to be made to move dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, washers/dryers, stoves, other major appliances, or large equipment.
- Your interior doors may be removed during installation and you are responsible for trimming them, if necessary. Installers will also rehang your old door upon completion of work so that it can easily fit into its new position!
- Don't let your belongings be a temptation. Make sure you secure all personal items and valuables.
- It is important to clear out all of the tops on dressers, desks and other furniture items. Make sure shelves are emptied along with Hutches or bookcases before removing glass ones so that nothing gets broken!
- It's important to completely drain waterbeds.
- Empty aquariums and prepare to be moved.
- You should also disassemble all electronics, including TVs and computers.
- To avoid any unwanted surprises, it is important that you identify wiring for electronics or security systems in advance and let the installation crew know about this.
- Customer will be responsible for floor removal and may be subject to additional fees, If the carpet is saturated with pet urine or other undesirable materials and/or contains insect infestation.
- Painted baseboards, woodwork and other painted areas may need to be retouched after installation is complete, and it is important for the customer to understand that it will be their sole responsibility.
During & after carpet installation
- To ensure everyones the safety, we request that you keep children and pets away from the installation area.
- We recommend that you have an adult over the age of 18 who can act as a decision-maker onsite at all times unless previous arrangements have been made with our sales associate.
- Make sure the temperature in your installation area stays between 60 and 80 degrees.
- It's important to note that if you discover damage after your floors are removed, additional work will be required. This can only happen when removal is done so there may very well end up being an expense for repair or even replacement of the subfloor depending on how much was damaged in comparison with what remained intact before removing them originally - which would make this responsibility solely yours.
- The installer is not responsible for repairing any subfloors or walls that may be squeaky.
- The installer is not responsible for any problems that may arise due to pre-existing structural or other conditions such as asbestos, mold and building code violations.
After your installation
- Before the installer leaves, have them do a thorough inspection of your home with you to ensure no obvious problems were overlooked.
- Assist the installer in moving and replacing any furniture that was originally moved by them.
- Enjoy your new flooring and if there’s any questions or concerns that may come up please contact us at: email@example.com